Welcome to APA Delaware
The Delaware Chapter of the American Planning Association (APA Delaware) serves as the local source for networking and professional development for planners in the First State. APA Delaware gives you a chance to share experiences with colleagues and broaden your perspective beyond your commission or office. Learn more about the Chapter.
Message from the Chapter President
It was good seeing some of you at the National APA conference in Atlanta! The conference featured loads and loads of sessions and workshops, we approved a pair of new APA policy guides – one on aging and another on hazard mitigation – and we had a great sendoff for Paul Farmer, FAICP. I hope many Delaware planners are able to make it to Seattle next year. Read More.
- DE Chapter Officer Nomination Statement – Deadline is September 30
- Solar Powering Your Community Workshop – October 1 (View Workshop Flyer)
- Pennsylvania APA Annual Conference - October 12 -14, Registration is Open
- Documentary & Discussion “Come Hell or High Water: The Battle for Turkey Creek” – October 15
- DE/MD APA Regional Conference – October 28 & 29
DE/MD APA Regional Conference
- Registration is Open - ** Early registration rate extended to September 28 **
- View the Conference Schedule
- Regulating Electronic Message Centers – September 24
- Communication with the Public & Press: ‘You Said That?!’ (on-site) – October 8
- Measuring Progress: Performance Metrics as a Tool in Shaping Policy – November 7
- Creatively Transforming Streets for People in Los Angeles, Atlanta and Santa Monica – November 14
- Summer 2014 topics include stormwater management, site planning, national news, and more!
- Submit article ideas for the fall newsletter by September 15
- Job Opening: Milford Coordinator of Planning & Economic Development
- Job Opening: Community Planner at Montgomery County Planning Commission
- Join APA by September 30 and save 25% on membership