Welcome to APA Delaware
The Delaware Chapter of the American Planning Association (APA Delaware) serves as the local source for networking and professional development for planners in the First State. APA Delaware gives you a chance to share experiences with colleagues and broaden your perspective beyond your commission or office. Learn more about the Chapter.
Message from the Chapter President
It was good seeing some of you at the National APA conference in Atlanta! The conference featured loads and loads of sessions and workshops, we approved a pair of new APA policy guides – one on aging and another on hazard mitigation – and we had a great sendoff for Paul Farmer, FAICP. I hope many Delaware planners are able to make it to Seattle next year. Read More.
- Broadband Communities/ Economic Development Conference, Springfield, MA – September 16 – 18
- DE Chapter Officer Nomination Statement – Deadline is September 30
- Solar Powering Your Community Workshop – October 1 (View Workshop Flyer)
- Pennsylvania APA Annual Conference - October 12 -14, Registration is Open
- DE/MD APA Regional Conference – October 28 & 29
DE/MD APA Regional Conference
- Access Management and Complete Streets: Where Transportation Networks Meet Land Development – August 15
- Youth Engagement and Community Leaders – August 22
- Planning and Health: Guidance for Comprehensive Plans – September 5
- Defensible Historic Preservation Regulations – September 12
- Getting Equitable Development into the Plan – September 17
- Ethics, Equity and Social Justice: Roles and Implications of Planners – September 19
- Regulating Electronic Message Centers – September 24
- Summer 2014 topics include stormwater management, site planning, national news, and more!
- Submit article ideas for the fall newsletter by September 15
- Job Opening: Environmental Program Manager II at DNREC – closes August 31
- Job Opening: Planner I at the Delaware State Housing Authority – closes September 1
- Call for proposals for 2015 APA National Conference – Ideas for general sessions are due August 21.
- Join APA by September 30 and save 25% on membership