Welcome to APA Delaware
The Delaware Chapter of the American Planning Association (APA Delaware) serves as the local source for networking and professional development for planners in the First State. APA Delaware gives you a chance to share experiences with colleagues and broaden your perspective beyond your commission or office. Learn more about the Chapter.
Upcoming Events – Extending Proposal and Logo Submissions until Feb 15
2018 APA DE Regional Conference: Call for Papers, Topics, Organizers, Sponsorship, etc. Click below icon to view conference web information and sign up needs
The 2018 Delaware APA Regional Conference will be held in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware. The conference is scheduled for Tuesday and Wednesday October 23-24, 2018. The theme for this conference is Planning 360: Economy, Environment and Health.
This two-day conference will feature exemplary planning efforts in Delaware, the surrounding region, and beyond.
Note that we are busily working on the conference. Information and further details will be added to the main web page as it is finalized. Stop by often to see what we are up to. If you want to added to our special Conference Update email list, sign up here.
Wetlands Conference, Wilmington, DE – clink on icon for program information, call for papers, sponsorship, schedule, registration
Strategic Plan – Final copy
Planner II (Selective Certification) Historical Review, Land Use, New Castle County, Closing Date 1/22/17
DNREC is hiring two Coastal Planner IV positions. Dover, DE. These Planners will lead the state’s efforts on issues like offshore energy development and siting and coastal zone act regulations. It is a tremendous opportunity for a motivated individual to make a difference. Application deadline January 23.
- Plan4Health UPDATE: APA Delaware and our partners with the Delaware Academy of Medicine / Delaware Public Health Association and the Delaware Coalition for Healthy Eating and Active Living continue to implement the Plan4Health Grant. In the past month there have been presentations to the Dover City Council and the Restoring Central Dover group. Our consultants have also made great progress on the phone survey, health data collection and analysis, and GIS mapping. See the presentation and full update.
- BYLAWS UPDATE: See what was proposed. Click Here!
- Webcasts – see web casts and meetings
- Delaware Planning Thespians – SEE PHOTOS FROM EVENT
- 2016 Local Chapter Meeting – SEE PHOTOS FROM EVENT
- 2017 Local Chapter Meeting – SEE PHOTOS FROM EVENT
- 2016 Our Town Conference Wilmapco – DNREC presentation